Monday, March 2, 2009

Random Hooligans Paintings

So I have moved on from being a texture monkey and have now started doing paintings for various things such as menus and titles. I've never been too great at getting good poses down but this week it seems I am exceptionally rusty. I spit out a handful of sketches for the menus and painted a few of them. Probably won't paint most though because they aren't very good and I don't want to "polish a turd" as they say.



Along with all this, one of my teachers got a hold of the poster I did for the game. I'm still really new to the whole painting thing and he's a genius. So long story short after what I'm sure was 30 seconds of work for him, the painting game back to me with awesome lighting and better colors. So now I get the pleasure of cleaning it up. He did everything on the same layer so it was SUPER tricky to keep everything clean and ultimately I doubt the painting will be half as clean as it once was but the improvements he made more than make up for it. Anyway, still a lot of work to do but enough talk. Here is the entire life cycle of the poster thus far. (the top being most recent, bottom being the first thing I did)





No comments: